Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lightroom 3 Test Drive

Since moving I have spent several hours on Craigslist searching for cheap used furniture, apartment decor, and possible jobs (photo or science). 


A UCSD student advertised on there he was looking for subjects to shoot for his photography class. I decided this would be a good opportunity for some free engagement shots. I recently received the photos he took and decided to process* one myself just to give Lightroom 3 a spin - so far I love it! I didn't think the first photo I would introduce on this blog would be one I didn't take, but I loved this one too much not to share.


*After a photographer obtains the digital form of their photos (either from a digital camera or scanning negatives into a computer) they typically process, correct, and/or enhance it using programs such as Photoshop. Lightroom 3 can be thought of as Photoshop-lite or (or iPhoto Deluxe). It gives you more control over what you can change plus many many other functions. 


For this particular photo below I cropped, adjusted the white balance, increased the contrast, and adjusted the exposure.


Engagement shoot at Windansea Beach in La Jolla, CA.
(click photo to enlarge)
Photo credit: Tim Marymee

PS. We've been to a few beaches around here, but this was our first visit to Windansea. It is breath taking. Not a ton of beach space, but a lot of large rocks and bluffs to sit on and watch the ocean and surfers. I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area!


** This purchase of Lightroom 3 made possible by former roommate Matt and my parents :D **



4 comments:

  1. Please post more engagement photos! Love, your former wedding-lover roomie :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely working on it! Tim took about 300 shots so I'm sorting hehe. He has a Nikon D7000 and the photos come out real nice. The speed of improvement in speed esp compared to mine is noticeable.

      Delete
  2. P.S. I love your blog and I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks! You get the award for being follower #1 :P

      Delete

I've got questions, you've got answers.